AVALON REAL ESTATE TENANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Thank you for considering Avalon Real Estate when choosing your next home. The following useful information and guidelines will allow us to process your application quicker. To process your application in a timely manner you must upload a copy of your Government ID and Check Stubs (LES) below. Failure to upload these items will delay the processing of your application.
Items Needed At Time Of Application
1. A $40.00 non‐refundable application fee, per applicant, Payable at the end of the application process on this website. Married applicants will have to pay $80.00 application fee.
2. The Application Security Deposit must be paid separately in the form of certified funds equal to one (1) month’s rent. Please have the check or money order made payable to: “Avalon Real Estate OR Your Name.” (Example: Avalon Real Estate or John Smith) Both names have to be on the certified check or money order. This application security deposit will be refunded if your application is not accepted. However, if this application is approved the application deposit shall be retained as the security deposit. The application security deposit must be received no later than 24hrs after submittal of the online application. The deposit must be submitted to our main office 4445 Corporation Lane, 2nd Floor Virginia Beach VA 23462.
3. Pet deposits are required at the time of application paid in certified funds or money order. Please have the check or money order made payable to: “Avalon Real Estate OR Your Name.” (Example: Avalon Real Estate or John Smith) Both names have to be on the certified check or money order.
4. A picture ID and proof of social security number.
5. Proof of income, i.e. LES, pay stub, official offer letter from your employer.
6. Current Landlord and previous Landlord name, address and telephone number.
7. Additional information may be required to process your application. We appreciate your cooperation.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Each prospective tenant must complete the online rental application. Please ensure that the application is complete and accurate. Incomplete applications will not be processed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAPER APPLICATIONS.
2. Each unmarried co-applicant must fill out a separate application. Married couples must complete separate applications. Credit reports will be processed on each person.
3. The application will be reviewed and verified for accuracy.
4. Your gross monthly income should be at least 2.5 times the monthly rent you are applying for. Married couples will be qualified jointly. Co-Applicants must income qualify individually for the home.
5. A written credit report will be obtained and used to verify credit worthiness. Items of a derogatory nature, such as, bankruptcies and unpaid judgments may be unacceptable and may result in disqualification. NO PREVIOUS EVICTIONS, FORECLOSURES OR DELIQUENCIES ON PRIOR UTILITIES IN PAST 2 YEARS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
6. Your rental history is extremely important to the approval process. Your current and previous landlords will be contacted.
7. Your current employer will be contacted to verify income, length of employment, and the likelihood of continued employment. If you are in the military, PCS orders may be required to process your application.
8. If approved, your lease must be executed within seven (7) business days after the applicant is notified of approval. The applicant will be notified by telephone and/or in writing. Time is considered of the essence.
9. If the applicant fails to execute a lease for the subject property in the prescribed time frame after being notified of approval, the property will be placed back on the market and made available to other potential tenants. In which case, the application deposit, less the amount of the Owner’s actual expenses and damages, shall be refunded to the applicant. The owner’s actual expenses will include, but are not limited to a $250 relisting and processing fee or up to the entire amount of the application/security deposit.
In compliance with Section 63 of the Real Estate Board Regulations, the following is intended to give you a brief explanation of the role of Real Estate Brokers and Agents play in leasing property to you.
Customarily, the Broker and his Agents will represent the owner (Landlord), unless a tenant has an agreement with the Broker or his Agent to the contrary.
The Broker and his Agent owe the Landlord the duties of disclosure, loyalty, and faithfulness. At the same time, Brokers and their Agents are required to treat all parties to a transaction fairly. Avalon Real Estate is governed by the Landlord/Tenant Act of Virginia "which affords the tenant" protection under State Law.
If a Broker represents the Landlord, the Broker and his Agents may still provide tenants with information about properties, may show them properties, and may assist them in preparing an offer to purchase, option, or lease a particular property.
Brokers and their Agents have a duty to respond accurately to customer's questions, to disclose to customers any material information about a particular property of which they have knowledge, and to submit all written offers to purchase, sell, option, or lease a particular property.
It shall be an unlawful discriminatory housing practice for any person:
1. To refuse to sell or rent after the making of a bona fide offer or to refuse to negotiate for the sale or rental of, or otherwise make unavailable or deny, a dwelling to any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, elderliness, or familial status.
2. To discriminate against any person in the terms, conditions, or privileges of sale or rental of a dwelling, or in the provision of services or facilities in the connection therewith to any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, elderliness, or familial status.
TO START THE APPLICATION PROCESS PLEASE UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID AND 1 MONTH OF APPLICANTS MOST RECENT PROOF OF INCOME.
Property Address Applying For